Mailing Address while in the Missionary Training Center

If you would like to keep in contact with Stephanie through letters while she's serving her mission, her current address at the mission home is below.

Sister Stephanie Crandall
Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste 205
Kennewick, WA 99663

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

{Week Two}

Dear Family,
I was so excited to receive your emails, but didn't have time to read them all. If you have time, could you send them to me via dearelder.com (while in the MTC)? I only have 30 minutes here to type, but in WA I should get a little bit more.


I got my flight plans last week! We leave the MTC Tuesday morning. We were all really excited! There are 17 of us going to Kennewick! My district of 9  and 8 others from other districts.


Mom, as for an outline of my day: I am usually up by 6 and getting ready for class that starts at 7:00. We then have breaky at 8:15 and class from 8:45-11:45. Personal Study or district study for an hour, lunch for 45 minutes, class for 4 more hours and sometimes a workshop or TRC time in between. We then have dinner, gym time, and then study until 9:30. We go to our rooms, get ready for bed, write in my journal, and have the lights off by 10:30. It is quite the day and oh so busy!! On my first day they put us right to work and then at 8:15 we got to unpack and take a little breather to take in the day :) I think the funnest part of the MTC was the other night a girl started singing hymns in the shower and then I started harmonizing with her... haha... we both really enjoyed it. We are not able to listen to music at  the MTC and I miss it sooo much! The most difficult is finding time to write in my journal! I do find time, but it is difficult. 


I did run into Sherida, Amy, and about 5 sisters from my freshman ward!!!


Dad, President Robinson was released yesterday! And put in as a new Branch President for another branch. I was able to be interviewed by him yesterday and had a nice visit. He really is such a wonderful man and his wife is amazing as well! I have found a love for both of them. Their Son Alex is in Reed's ward~ What a small world it is!! I was excited to hear about the snow and how the Klondike derby went! Hope the skiis worked out for you well! And I was also excited to hear about Raft River! Glad everything is going well!
I was so excited that I accidentally ran into Reed at the TRC! I just needed to go to the restroom (for about the 4th time that day, Mom, I'm drinking lots of water) and ran right into him! I also saw 3 people from my ward at Foxwood! They were on the missionary committee with me :)
Des, I loved the letter you sent me!! It made me feel so beautiful! I love you so much!
Clay, I love October Sky! I watched it at Wood Badge and it is an awesome movie!!
Katelyn, can I just say I am proud of you for feeding the animals!? oh so proud! And way to go with basketball! YES!!!

I am so excited for you all and will write another letter to you today to add more details. I wish I had more than 30 minutes on the computer, but there is already a line of Elders behind me ;)

To tell you a little bit about my day yesterday:

It was AMAZING! Sister Pamela J Norby of the General RS board spoke to us. She gave examples of women who had unwearied diligence (Heleman 15:6). Each woman: Emma Smith, Zina Young, etc. did their best without complaining and with a good attitude. I hope I can be like them! That I can refrain from  complaining and have a good attitude. So far, so good :) There is lots I have to work on, but I am loving the elders and sister I get to associate with. Each has their own personality (and their own degree of maturity, haha) but each is loved by our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.

We taught a "mock investigator", one of our teachers, and we felt the spirit so much. I really  felt  the  love a missionary has for an investigator. We talked about the Atonement and Prayer and even committed him to baptism. It was amazing to feel the spirit so strong and to  really feel the love the Savior has for each of us.

Something I learned during my Coordinating Sister training meeting yesterday morning was a quote by President Monson: "Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal!" or in other words, success is the achievement of righteous goals. Emphasis on righteous and also on the plural goals. I am striving to achieve these righteous goals! Remember that People who are bored are not working on righteous goals! :)

I love you all and thank you for your love and support! I know this is right where the Lord wants me in my life and I am learning oh so much!

Last week I sent my letters off to you, and then received all of yours that night! :) I will write a few more today and send them off!

Thank you for the purse! It is great having something!

Love you all,
Sister Stephanie Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment