Mailing Address while in the Missionary Training Center

If you would like to keep in contact with Stephanie through letters while she's serving her mission, her current address at the mission home is below.

Sister Stephanie Crandall
Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste 205
Kennewick, WA 99663

Monday, February 7, 2011

{Week Three}

Dear Family,
 
Thank you so much for all the letters! Loved hearing about how your week was going and about what was going on in life. I know Dad always has said that we don't need to check up on him... like when we 'always' call 'every day' and ask what he is up to... but I loved hearing about EVERYTHING! :)
 
I wanted to tell you a bit about last week. It was amazing! I can hardly believe how quickly my time at the MTC has gone.
 
Each Tuesday we have a devotional where a General Authority comes and speaks to us. This past Tuesday was especially wonderful! Elder Kevin R Duncan and Sister Duncan came and spoke to us.
 
Sister Duncan started by sharing a story about a duck, with a lame leg, that showed up to her home looking for food. Well, long story short, her family fed the duck and after about a week of feeding it, the duck left. She concluded the story by saying: "Everyone a missionary teaches has a crippling problem; and the Lord will lead them to us and us to them." The Lord looks after us all and wants the best for us. She told it in much better words [having more time], but the lesson was so powerful. I will remember the message when I am in WA and having a difficult day. The Lord really will look after me.
 
Elder Duncan shared an analogy about missionary work. He related it to a bridge. Every investigator has an origin, where the bridge starts. And each bridge ends at the Savior. Although each bridge may start in a different location, they all end up at the same location by traveling through the Book of Mormon and Prayer.
 
This week we have been focusing on teaching people and not lessons. In Alma 18, Ammon's faithfulness causes a change of heart in King Lamoni. He definately taught the person and not just any ordinary lesson. In the new program the MTC is starting, I have learned that when teaching properly, we are not the teachers, but only the messengers. The Spirit is the true teacher. I can make a point, teach to concerns, and teach a lesson, but until I invite the spirit and help the investigator feel the spirit, they most likely will not be converted.
 
Yesterday, because it was Fast Sunday, we had Mission Conference. WONDERFUL!
 
President James Hacking and his wife spoke to us and it was great! They spoke on how reading the Book of Mormon will help my confidence grow even more. As I have been studying it each day, I can see that confidence sparking more and more each day. It is so amazing to see this! It really works! I feel so fortunate that I had such wonderful examples to help me find a love for the Book of Mormon. Thanks Mom and Dad for helping me with that! And especially all my siblings for being such great examples as well!
 
They shared a quote that I now LOVE! "That which one willingly shares, he keeps; while that which one willingly keeps, he looseth." -President Monson.
Such a wonderful quote! They applied this to sharing our testimony! So I wanted to challenge you all to share your testimony on the next Testimony meeting!
 
One last talk... The mission president, President Brown, shared how important our names are :) I have always felt so fortunate for the good name that I have! Read Proverbs 22:1. It was just wonderful!
 
I love you all so much and hope the week goes well for you!
 
I will try to at least call Mom & Dad while at the airport tomorrow !! I'm just going to get a calling card here before I leave...

Sister Stephanie Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment