Mailing Address while in the Missionary Training Center

If you would like to keep in contact with Stephanie through letters while she's serving her mission, her current address at the mission home is below.

Sister Stephanie Crandall
Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste 205
Kennewick, WA 99663

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{Week Four}

Dear Family, 

(Please send this to Katelyn, I keep getting her emails back. I have recieved her emails, but mine wont send to her...)
I hardly know where to begin this week's email! It has been such a wonderful week and lots has happened.
I will start by telling you a little about Brother and Sister Nelson. They are the amazing couple we are living with. They served a mission in the geneology department in SLC and loved it! and ever since, they have had missionaries in their home. They have a nice little home in Richland WA. He grew up moving the cows and sheep North of Kemmerer Wyoming (I think Kemmerer... now I can't remember). It is fun to reminisce with him about agriculture and he loves it too!
Sister Garrett and I are in an upstairs bedroom and we all share the kitchen. We usually only eat breakfast and lunch there, because each night there are members signed up to feed us supper.
It is fun to meet the members! Speaking of which, the world is indeed very very small! The first supper I had was with the Hart family. Who happens to be President Hart's (Soda Stake President) son. We had a good laugh out of that. And then a few days later we had dinner with the Jones Family. And guess what... He is the nephew of Allen and Ada Smith! When he asked where I was from, I said Chesterfield Idaho and he started to laugh. After he told me, he knew just where that was and how he knew, we laughed about it for a while. It is such a small world.
The work here has been tough, but worth it. It is taking me a while to remember people's names and their stories, but I am starting to get the territory down. It seems like we are teaching lots of less-active members. Most of them are in part-member families so there are non-members there as well. I hope that the examples of the missionaries and the members will help the less-active members have a desire to return to church. One of the less-active's we visited with was Preston Leavitt. He is from Utah and here away from his family working. His entire family is active but he has been less active for years. We took another member with us and shared a message from Heleman 2:41 (Everlasting happiness). After we read that, he expressed how he could see that happiness in his wife and son and he said he was going to return to the church after 30 years of being inactive. I hope we gave him the nudge he needed to feel that great desire that is so important for each of us to feel on our own.
Last night we also went to share a message with a part-member family. Jody and Rob Lowery. Jody has been a member but fell away a long time ago and Rob seems very interested but is leaving on a work trip for a few weeks. He is actually going to Ukraine, where Sister Garrett is from! We shared Alma 34:32 with them. It is the purpose of why we are here on earth. Rob asked us to re-read it and we talked about what our purpose is while were are here on earth. He is ready to hear the gospel and we are so excited to share it with him!
During last week, it seemed like many people canceled appointments and many people were not there when we went, so we tracted. We have been tracting alot and it has seemed that most everyone is not interested. Until yesterday! A lady invited us into our house, of course the last house on the block, and we started to teach her. She actually grew up going to church with her Grandma and her Grandma had asked if any missionaries had stopped by a few days ago. She was very open to hearing what we had to say and we are going back soon! So that was exciting! I can't wait to share with her the happiness in my life that I have recieved because of the gospel. I think it will help her so much!
Sundays are busy because we have two wards to go too. It is amazing how some of the members look just like people from home. The RS President here looks just like Diane Richardson ;) haha... kinda funny. Sunday night I saw Sarah and Ben Murray! Our stake is putting on the production of Savior of the World and Sarah is one of the co-directors. It is a missionary effort to invite non-members and less-actives to come see it. It is going to be so good! It was fun to see Sarah too :)
Before I forget, Mom, The bag is perfect!!!! I love it and it has the perfect amount of pockets for everything! Very good choice! Thank you for the shoes too ;) I am wearing them today... The cookies were delicious and the card was wonderful! The package was great! I also got all the bedding too... but Sister Nelson is providing that for us... And Dad, thank you so much for the address's :) Much appreciated!
I hope the rest of District's go well for Katelyn! I am so excited for her and have all the confidence in the world that she will do well! :)
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Stephanie Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment