Mailing Address while in the Missionary Training Center

If you would like to keep in contact with Stephanie through letters while she's serving her mission, her current address at the mission home is below.

Sister Stephanie Crandall
Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste 205
Kennewick, WA 99663

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{Week Nine}

Dear Family,
This week has gone by so quickly! And when I look back on all that has happened, there was a whole lot.
So I will start by telling you how much I enjoyed Conference! SURPRISE! I stayed awake for all 4 sessions! So if I was at home, the candy bars would have accumulated ;) haha... I don't think I could have fallen asleep if I had wanted to though. Each talk was specifically talking to me in some way or another. I loved Elder Oaks talk about desires.
This week, lots of people have been making excuses, and it all comes down to what are our priorities and our desires, and where are they in line with each other?. Each speaker was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to get the May Ensign to re-read them and mark them all up again and compare my notes to them. I wont tell you all the details of my notes because we each receive different messages from each talk, but I do know how true each message is!
I feel like I have been missing out my entire life because my sleeping desires overcame other priorities that should have been first on my list. I just love the Ensign each month, and now have a greater love for Conference!
So last week I told you about Amy Martin! We are still excited about her! But... she had to cancel on us on Tuesday because her car quit that day and she was stranded at her sons home. But we will try to meet up with her this week for sure :) She is amazing! Now if we can just catch her at home. Her car is working now... It's funny how we find people who realize they need what we have to offer, and then they get blessed with a job or a working car and their time disappears. But Amy is actually working with us on us seeing her :) So that is wonderful!
Something amazing happened yesterday! Each Monday afternoon, we visit Cindy Killen. I think I've told you about her before. To refresh your memory, she is in her late 50's and wants to be baptized, but doesn't want to scare her husband away from the church before he is ready. She has been praying for a long time about baptism and also about the heart of her husband softening. Well, each Monday we read some of the Book of Mormon with her. Yesterday, we were just talking while she was finishing up her lunch, and then out of the blue she asks how we help prepare people for baptism. We also talked about prayer and how sometimes we pray and don't receive direct answers because we need to make decisions too. A bit after telling her, and us being aware that something is up, but not knowing what, she asks, "So when can I start taking lessons?" !!! We were so excited!! We told her we could start immediately if she would like! So next week we will! Well, we continued to read like we normally do, and last week we read 2 Ne 31.
So we started at 2 Ne 32. It was phenomenal! It says: "I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts? Do ye not remember...?"  It talked about prayer and how we know our answers in our hearts! She was in tears and said that the scripture answered her question and she wants to be baptized! That chapter was perfect for Cindy and she is so excited now. It was an amazing moment where the scriptures really do answer our questions.
Well family, I love you all so much and appreciate your prayers and confidence that you have in me. I also have confidence in you and pray for you each day. I know that we will surely be blessed when we keep the commandments given to us in the scriptures. It is truly a blessing that we are part of such a great Plan. I know that as sure as I know that the Prophet is called of God and that the scriptures are written for our days.
I love you all!
♥,  Sister Stephanie Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment