Mailing Address while in the Missionary Training Center

If you would like to keep in contact with Stephanie through letters while she's serving her mission, her current address at the mission home is below.

Sister Stephanie Crandall
Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste 205
Kennewick, WA 99663

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

{Week Ten}

Dear Family,

This past week has gone by so quickly and lots has happened!
We were able to catch Amy Martin this week and had a nice visit with her. She had read some parts of the Book of Mormon and we're excited about that. We had another appointment with her last night, but she wasn't at home, nor did she answer our text message. She is in-between helping her mom, her son, and home right now. We are excited to keep teaching her; now we just need to catch her at home.
Last Thursday we taught Wayne Toebe about the Priesthood. Or rather, that was our plan. We had an exchange with us (a lady to drive us and to be there because he is a single man) that loved to talk!  A lot. It was a little frustrating because he was getting confused by doctrine that was unnessessary to talk about, but we made it through. When we met with him last night, it went fantastic!  We helped clear up some things and we are excited to teach him next Monday night. He continues to study diligently from both the Bible and Book of Mormon. I love it when investigators study! And he is great at that :) He continues to have lots of questions and we love it!
Friday night all the missionaries went to watch the dress rehersal for our stake production of Savior of the World. Sarah Murray is doing a fantastic job of co-directing it and it is going to be amazing!  We have a handful of investigators that are going to it and we are so excited for this great missionary experience. Out of 5500 seats, over 2000 of them are non-members or less-active. It is exciting that our stake is doing this!
Saturday night we went to Stake Conference and I met Lyle and Sonja Sasser, from Reed's mission there! They recognized my name and Reed told them I was in this mission. They weren't expecting to meet me, but it was fun to get to meet them. The talks were amazing!

One couple team-spoke about family unity. They told about their family going on camping trips and listening to talks and speakers in the car... it reminded me about our family and how much I love you! We even sang hymn 260 for the opening song! :)
I also loved the Sunday session; Pres and Sis Greer spoke and It was great! They taught about how a testimony is knowing and feeling and conversion is doing. Something that Dallin H Oaks taught.
I wish that I could tell you more, but I am just about out of time.
Yesterday we had a marvelous zone conference! My first!!! The main topic was conversion through the Book of Mormon. It was fabulous! It helped me realize better how I can help investigators feel the need to read from the Book of Mormon and to apply it in their life. I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word and work of God.

I love you all so much!
Sister Stephanie Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment